keskiviikko 24. heinäkuuta 2019

Joachim: Third Wheelin'

Kallassa 24.7.

”Ha. Funny.”
”What is?”
”You two taking part in this relative competition thing.”
”What about it?”
”Well – being related – you two dating…”
”Joe. Our horses are related. That’s what this show is about.”
”Yeah, yeah, but still.”

”Mä en kestä. Joachim on tavallistakin mahdottomampi.”
”Niinkö susta?”
”No eikö susta?”
”No, nyt kun sanoit…”
”Ehkä se on oikein pahassa puutteessa.”
”Josefina!?! Mitä hittoa?”
”Apua. Mä tiedän. Kamalaa.”
”Kiitos. En halua ajatella tuota.”
”Tiedän. Keskitytään vain kisaan.”

****

Joachimin on päästävä ostoksille, joten Josefina ja Rasmus vievät hänet Murronmaan ostarille. Joe kiskoo nuoret hissiin.
”We actually met here”, Josefina naurahtaa.
”What, in the shopping center?”
”Yeah”, Rasmus nyökyttelee. ”In this elevator.”
”Really? How did that go? Two Finns in one elevator.”
”Well, the elevator got stuck in between floors.”

Joachimista se on hulvatonta.

”Can’t say I haven’t been wondering how Rasmus ever scored a chick like you, or better yet, any girl at all.”
”Hey!”
”But that makes sense, locking him up in a small room with a female. Someone planed this, I’m telling you, knowing he would never see a naked —”
”Oh my god Joe, shut up! That’s horrible. You’re horrible.”
Joachim vaikenee, mutta hykertelee. Kukaan muu ei hykertele.

****

”Josie, I’ve been wondering.”

Joachimin ääni valuu Rasmuksen yksiön sohvalta sängylle ja Josefinan tietoisuuteen. Tyttö kohottaa pahaa aavistellen päätään ja katsoo ratsumestaria silmät epäluuloisessa sirrissä.

”What now?”
”You have a sister, am I right?”
”Yeah…”
”Older than you.”
”Umm. Yeah. A mother of two and happily married, I must remind you.”
Rasmus nauraa hörähtää Josefinan vieressä.
”Is she now? Someone might think happy marriages are but a myth”, Joachim virnuilee maireasti.
”Well”, Josefina aloittaa harkiten. ”You haven’t met her husband.”
”I am really not into men, although I can see why someone would be. We’re awesome.”
”Yeah, well, at least some of you.”
”Aw, thanks, Josie. But tell about this husband guy then. What’s so special about him?”
”Well, I don’t know, he’s just this… unreal old school romantic type, I guess. Would do anything for his family, great with kids, treats Vilhelmina like she’s the most precious creature that has ever walked the Earth, I mean, still, after all these years. They’ve been married for what, five years now and Johannes still gets her flowers every Wednesday and they have a romantic dinner every month and he writes her letters and, you know, stuff like that”, Josefina kertoilee ja huokaisee kattoon tuijotellen. ”So he’s basically the husband beyond perfection, I guess.”

Joe vislaa vähän ja kohottelee kulmiaan.

”So, no pressure, Rasmus. Her older sister already found the pot of gold, so to speak. Try and top that.”
Rasmuksen kurkusta kohoa hassu korahdus, jota säestää Josefinan kauhistunut ynähdys.
”Honestly, I’d probably freak out if he’d start spoiling me like that”, tyttö huomauttaa painokkaasti.
”What, why?” Joe kysyy kummissaan.
”I — I’d feel like I’d have to be or do something super special to deserve all that.”
”Josie, Josie… what is it with you thinking you’re never worth anything? Your sister doesn’t have a problem with that”, Joachim huomauttaa ja pudistelee hämärän keskellä päätään.

Josefinan suu napsahtaa kiinni, ja hetkeen hänellä ei ole mitään sanottavaa.

”It’s not that. It’s just — I just — I don’t need things like that, I don’t need Rasmus going overboard with ridiculous movie-romantic stuff.”
”Well then. What do you need?”
”I just… I need him.”

”Oh my poor old heart.”
”Oh, shut up. You made me say it.”
”Yeah, I kind of did, didn’t I? Is he blushing? I bet he’s blushing his face of.”
”Haha, I guess he really is”, Josefina kikattaa, ja hänen vierestään kuuluu vaivaantunutta tuhinaa ja peiton kahinaa, kun Rasmus piiloutuu sen alle.

”But kids, I guess it’s time to say good night. And… keep in mind this is a very small room. So please keep your hands where I can see them, or at least have the decency to wait until I’m sound asleep before you…”
”Oh my god.”
”... y’know, couple stuff. Hanky panky.”
”Rasmus, saako häntä mitenkään hiljaiseksi?”
”Tukehduttamalla sen yöllä tyynyyn.”
”Bangity-bang. La-la-looove making. Peeking in da panties. Discovering the caves.”
”Alan tosissani harkita murhaa. Joe, shut up or get out.”
”Oh, no need to get so sensitive, lover boy! I mean, I am the one sleeping alone on a crappy coach with nothing else than back pain waiting for me in my near future.”
”If it bothers you that much, Joe, I don’t know, like get yourself a wife.”
”Why would I do that? To get a headache in addition to the back pain? I ain’t stupid.”

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti